The St. Paul Art Crawl is back with weeks of in-person events — not just one weekend. And Twin Cities museums are ready with new exhibitions. The Weisman Art Museum at the University of Minnesota remains closed for repairs for most of this fall. Here’s a look at some of what’s ahead. Before visiting, check for COVID-19 restrictions.
St. Paul Art Crawl
Begins Sept. 12: The St. Paul Art Crawl marks 30 years and stretches from a weekend to a series of live events over 12 weeks throughout St. Paul that include open art studios, live music, dance, performances and interactive demonstrations. It starts Sept. 12 with a kickoff at the Celtic Junction Art Center featuring music, dancers and — of course — art. For more info: stpaulartcollective.org.
- Sept. 23-25: Indigenous Sovereignty + Environmental Justice — Solidarity Street Gallery/Payne Avenue
- Oct. 1-3: Celebrating 30 years of Art Crawl — Lowertown
- Oct. 8-10: Art on the Island — Warehouse 2 (ACVR Warehouse); Art on the Hill! — Virginia Street Church
- Oct. 15-17: Where Art Lives! — Schmidt Artist Lofts
- Oct. 22-24: Green Line Crawl! — Dow Art Gallery to the Union Depot
- Dec. 3-5: Villa Del Sol — District Del Sol Winter Crawl, 88 Cesar Chavez