Call for Art – Catalog Cover Competition
Application Submission Dates: June 14 – July 31, 2019
No Fee – See eligibility below
The Saint Paul Art Crawl invites artists to submit artwork to our juried call for art. The winning art will grace the cover of the Art Crawl catalog. Any type of art will be considered. Any form (circle, rectangle, square) will be considered. If it is not a square, the artist will work with the catalog designer to crop it intentionally to fit the full dimensions of the cover. The full image as provided will be represented with artist’s statement in the catalog. St. Paul Art Collective | Art Crawl logo will need to be placed within the image, again the artist will work with the catalog designer for placement.
Awards – $500 for winning image, $100 for each of two runner ups
Artist Eligibility – must be a registered participant of the Fall Art Crawl by July 31, 2019.
- Catalog art can be submitted at any time up to the deadline. The image can be different than the one you use for your catalog listing.
- Artists who have won the Catalog Cover or previous Poster Competition are not eligible to be a Catalog Cover Winner for the next two years.
Entry Process – CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Full Bleed Size — 8.75ʺ x 8.75ʺ (trim size 8.5ʺ) (formatted size on Catalog Cover)
Format – .jpg or .jpeg
Size – 1500 pixels
Label – YourName-Catalog.jpg (or.jpeg)
Your participation is greatly appreciated!
If you have any questions please contact the Art Crawl Director.
The Jury will consist of 3 Community Members.
- We are looking for images that create a strong emotional/aesthetic reaction in the viewer.
- The image should have strong artistic merit and also work to represent the Art Crawl through its marketing campaign.
- The image should appeal to a broad audience.
- The image should be appropriate for a general audience. The post office can choose not to send mail containing nudity or what they deem to be offensive, and businesses may choose not to display catalogs with images they find distasteful.